Menu

ETC and OPGTR

arcara

Do some of you use these together? I got ETC because my ds loves workbooks. It makes him feel like he's 'doing school' like his big sisters. But, now I'm wondering if we should be doing OPG along with it. Thoughts?

Thanks!

they do 1-2 pages of ETC per day and 1 lesson of OPG per day. i thought once about trying to coordinate the ETC pages with the OPG lessons but quickly decided that would be way more work than i wanted to do! i see it as a good way for them to get reinforcement of concepts in one program that the other program has already introduced.

We are also using both. I tried to coordinate, but like the others found it was too hard. ETC moves much more slowly than OPGTR so my plan is to use it as a review. I also find that my son does better when I switch things up...do a few days of OPGTR and then a few days of ETC and then a few days of just games, etc.

We also use both. I don't try to coordinate them together, we just keep moving forward in both. :001_smile:

We really like ETC!

This is exactly what we do with my ds (and did -- I also used them both with my younger dd). They love both programs.