Menu

Those who have done Couch to 5K or Prevention's running prgm...

I have a silly question...how do you keep track of when to walk and when to jog?? Do you use a stop watch?? It seems so cumbersome ...can you please describe to me how you do this. Sorry to be so dense...i just have visions of me kissing the pavement because my eyes were on my wrist instead of on the sidewalk!!

Thanks!!

kathi

I have a silly question...how do you keep track of when to walk and when to jog?? Do you use a stop watch?!

I wear a Timex Ironman Triathlon watch now, but when I did the Couch to 5K program, I just wore one of my Swatch watches and kept track with the second hand. It was hard to keep track with a Swatch; if I didn't glance down all the time, I wasn't sure if a minute had elapsed or what. But I made it work. It would've been much easier with a digital like the watch I now wear for running.

I have a silly question...how do you keep track of when to walk and when to jog?? Do you use a stop watch?? It seems so cumbersome ...can you please describe to me how you do this. Sorry to be so dense...i just have visions of me kissing the pavement because my eyes were on my wrist instead of on the sidewalk!!

Thanks!!

kathi

I did use a stop watch and it was pretty easy. YOu'll get to know quickly about when 1 min is up. Make sure to get one with large enough numbers so you can see it easily while running.

I have gotten caught up in thought on occassion and missed my cue to start running again but I just keep going.

When I did the Prevention plan 4 years ago, the only digital clock I had was my cell phone. :D At least the Prevention plan has you using whole minutes as opposed to C25K, where you have to keep track of the seconds (like running for 90 seconds. Hard to tell when those 30 seconds are up if all you have is a digital watch.).

When I went out yesterday, I just ran as long as I could then I walked until my heart rate came down just a little bit, then I ran again.

I'd love to get a digital watch with nice, big numbers on it!