Menu

Finishing CLE Learning to Read. Now what?

m0mmaBuck

I love their Learning to Read program but am not keen on their Language Arts program. DH and I co-teach and he can't deal with Rod and Staff English. We use LLATL for DS so I could go that direction for an all-in-one program. She places in the Red book but when I read the reviews I'm concerned that it may jump ahead too quickly. Can someone just pick for me???? LOL!

I'd probably revisit CLE's LA and reading program. For co teaching, I would think the layout would be very easy to deal with. FWIW, LA focus shifts over time. My guys found it a bit difficult at first, but we just kept working at it at their pace.

LLATL has always appealed to me, but the one year we used it, we found it way too light.

The LA 100 and reading 100 programs continue phonics instruction. I moved directly into it. But I don't always use the workbooks. I use the teacher manual and we do our work on a white board. Stopping after LTR would not be a complete enough reading program, IMO.

I used LLATL Red with my oldest son. I liked the concept and the cozy feel, but CLE has a stronger scope.

Maybe we need to revisit it. We tried CLE LA100 w/ DS and it was AWFUL. Crying every single day. I believe that may have started his downward spiral where LA's are concerned. However, DD is cut of a different cloth. Perhaps the experience would be different.