Menu

HELP!!! My neighbor is driving me batty

I have lived next door to this person who we will call S for 5 years I am neighborly. My husband works out of town and is gone for months at a time. This time when my husband went to work S was going through a breakup with another neighbor. S comes over all the time sometimes at 10:30 pm and stays for hours. S is a talker the kind that when you say bye they are still talking and you are not sure if they are talking to themselves or you. ALWAYS talking even when no one is around or you can't get a word in. So S mentioned that she had some food in the other neighbors deep freeze but had no where to put it she then asked if I had room in my deep freeze, I said yes that she could use the top shelf. She has the top shelf packed so tight it is scary. S was over a bit ago and mentioned she had more stuff to put in there and that she was going to put it on the next shelf :001_huh:. I didn't say anything not that I could have gotten a word in anyways. She has also started to just come into my house without knocking or knocking once and coming on in. I don't like confrontation. She is going through a hard time and I don't want to hurt her feelings. :confused: Any suggestions on how to remedy this situation without hurting her feelings or causing neighborly tension.

Lay down the boundaries.

1. Food on top shelf ONLY.

2. NO entering the house without knocking and if you don't answer, no entering AT ALL.

3. Discuss and agree upon a good time for BOTH for neighbor to access his/her food in your freezer.

3. Set a limit on how many days/weeks/months/years neighbor may use your freezer this way.

If you don't, you will be living a nightmare before you can blink.

I would ALSO add that neighbor has to go home by *x:xx* each night.

:D heehee I have been locking the doors which isn't something I normally do. My oldest noticed today and it freaked him out a bit. I am on my way to the library to see if they have the book and to buy a curtain for my front door so I can hide until I am done reading it. :001_smile: