Menu

Anything similar to ETC but totally different? LOL!

I'm just not feeling ETC anymore, plus we really don't have time for it. More and more, it seems like busywork. We use Hooked on Phonics. I also added All About Spelling a couple of weeks ago. I would like to find a different easy-to-use phonics workbook/resource to replace ETC. I'm looking for some well-put-together worksheets/workbook pages that are short, interesting and to-the-point. Something we can quickly use just once or twice a week as review. Any thoughts?

PS - Not Plaid Phonics. I had that and sold it.

PPS - I have a subscription to TeacherFileBox.com.

Edited by pitterpatter

I'm giving up on ETC when we finish Book 5 which we are currently in. I'm not planning to replace it since we'll cover all the phonics rules in AAS and we do Reading Comprehension with a Spectrum workbook. I don't think there's anything else that he was getting from ETC or would get from it if we continue.

I want to point out that ETC changes somewhat in books 7 & 8, which I've noticed a lot of people don't get to. I'm glad we stuck with it as it includes slightly different, more challenging activities than in the previous volumes (as well as some of the same).

But if it's not for you, then it's not.

I want to point out that ETC changes somewhat in books 7 & 8, which I've noticed a lot of people don't get to. I'm glad we stuck with it as it includes slightly different, more challenging activities than in the previous volumes (as well as some of the same).

But if it's not for you, then it's not.

Not that I need to be convinced to spend more money but......

what kind of activities are in 7 and 8?