Menu

Survived our first day!

Today was our first official day of homeschooling. We are starting slow. We've been doing Prima Latina as afterschooling and added in Math and Spelling (AAS) today. It didn't go quite as smoothly as I'd hoped in spite of all my organizing efforts. I forgot to print out a couple of things for the kids morning prayers, totally spaced on needing the Saxon Math Facts pages and couldn't find the solutions book and had to send dh up to hunt for it. But all in all it went well. No tears which was my measure of a successful effort.

The hardest thing was my K'er. She's going to need to learn to do some things more on her own when I'm with the other two. Today hubby handled a few things while I worked with her, but I know he won't always be there. I think she's just so used to having me on her own and that instant gratification of "Look what I did mommy." I just have to remember there our moms out there who do this with a lot more kids than three!

Wow! Congrats!!! It is an exciting ride, eh?!

Exciting doesn't begin to describe it, Mindy!

Thanks all. It's nice to share today with people who understand!

We spent Sunday night and yesterday day at Great Wolf Lodge as a precursor to starting homeschooling. It was a fun time at the water park and I think set a good tone for our beginning.

I know it's going to be a bumpy ride at times, but feel like I'm in a pretty good spot, in spite of all my nerves and lack of confidence, because my three asked to be homeschooled so they have been raring to go and actually were waiting for me to get downstairs and start this morning!

We spent Sunday night and yesterday day at Great Wolf Lodge as a precursor to starting homeschooling.

How was it? We've considered taking a mini-vacation there (we're just in Kirkland) and I'm sure our boys would love it. How is it for the parents?

Good service? Nice rooms? How are the restaurants?

Wonderful!! Congratulations!

Believe it or not, you'll get into a rhythm -- and that'll work for about 10 minutes then you'll have to change it ;)

We're heading into Year 12; there will always be lost books, forgotten supplies, interruptions, etc. That's life. Just live it with them and enjoy it! :D

So glad to know that even veteran homeschool moms still forget things! Thank you all so much for your replies :001_smile:

How was it? We've considered taking a mini-vacation there (we're just in Kirkland) and I'm sure our boys would love it. How is it for the parents?

Good service? Nice rooms? How are the restaurants?

You must go! It is so much fun. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice. We had a Wolf Den one. The kids thought that was cool, but we peeked in on the standard room and that looked fine, too. And cheaper! The rooms were clean. Everything was actually. They provide towels, too, at the pool so you don't even need to bring those with you.

They have lots of choices for food. A pizza hut express, couple of counter places and two restaurants. We checked out the sit-down restaurant, but it was a 30 minute wait. The kids were too hungry so we went to the buffet instead and it was great.

I highly recommend the place and we will be going back for sure.