Menu

if you use RS Math and are considering Beast Academy....

are there any families that have found Beast Academy to fit well into a particular level of RS Math?

i tried to schlog through the 50-some-odd pages of posts about beast academy guinea pigs and .... well, here i am just starting a new thread :tongue_smilie:

my DD is at the end of B; DS just finished D {and excited about E}.

i was thinking of taking some "time off" from RS for fun group math sessions, featuring beast 3A, RS favorite games, some other mathy-games we have on hand some hands on equations, some crew ton ramone vids, and maybe even some MEP.

i figure DD being in RS-B is probably too young for BA 3A but at least she can be nearby. she's not spatially wired up like DD is. having finished RS-D, do you think Beast 3A would be too easy or just build from the ground up, and goa bit faster if it is "too" easy ....

also, i was wondering if anyone might offer commentary as to which MEP levels sync well with RS levels. i've been such a RS devotee for the last 5 years, i haven't even "dated" anybody else's math program, except the Living Math books, which we enjoy! :lol:

I've read the whole BA guinea pig thread, and I don't think there was a lot of talk about RS in it. I'm not sure there was any, frankly.
Actually, I posted my experience with RS and BA in that thread. DD finished with RSC and she immediately started BA. I think it was a great time to start BA. There is some overlap. Having already covered some of the material in RS has given her confidence to delve into BA. We are using BA only as a supplement.

Actually, I posted my experience with RS and BA in that thread. DD finished with RSC and she immediately started BA. I think it was a great time to start BA. There is some overlap. Having already covered some of the material in RS has given her confidence to delve into BA. We are using BA only as a supplement.

oops! Sorry. That thread really is a bit overwhelming.

if using BA as a supplement to RS-C, did you find you went a few days/week in each one, or just a few weeks in one and then at a natural pause point, you switched to the other? or was it even that predictable?

another question, do you think a child going in to RS-E would need to start with BA-3a?

what if i wanted to just supplement RS-B with MEP {for variation} until she could transition over to RS-C and the BA combo?? advice?? i don't know anything about MEP and after spending about 30 min on their site last night, i got REALLY discouraged with not being able to ascertain where to even begin. :glare: