Menu

Question about 11yo son

It does sound like anxiety to me, too. I know first hand how hard it is on a mama when one of her boys struggles with that. :grouphug:

Perhaps start by reading Freeing Your Child From Anxiety, by Chansky, and What To Do When You Worry Too Much, by Huebner. These two authors also have OCD books, which are what I read after many recommendations here on the hive when my ds9 was struggling mightily with OCD and anxiety. (Not saying it sounds like you're stuggling with OCD as well as anxiety, but rather that I am recommending these books based on the fact that I read the OCD 'versions' by the same authors, and found them extremely helpful.)

There's also a trauma technique where you talk thru a traumatic experience and can find relief from the strong emotions you've associated with it. It's not therapy, exactly, but a layperson who has been trained in it can do it. Great results. I have a friend (who IS a therapist) who just completed training in the technique that can give you info on it, if you want. I mention it since you say the 3yo experience is to blame.

Just another avenue to explore.