Menu

washing a 100% cotton Laura Ashley dress

I own MANY Laura Ashley dresses (1980s floral era), and wash the summer ones in the washing machine, then line dry. But they don't have pleats!

Another gentle way is to wash with Woolite in the sink, then spin only in the washer, to wring out the water . . . and then line dry.

I agree with either handwashing or machine in delicate (I always use the machine) on either cold or warm.

But, whatever you do, DO NOT put it in the DRYER!!!

I hang dry all my 100% cotton outer wear (I don't worry about t-shirts, sweatpants, etc.) Laura Ashley is expensive, and I'd hate for your dd (if you have one) to be wearing it instead of you. ;)

My LA dresses have a tag inside near the bottom of the dress with care instructions. Just wondering if you missed it. Mine are also 1980s floral. I am pretty sure I washed them myself but it had been a while.

I agree with either handwashing or machine in delicate (I always use the machine) on either cold or warm.

But, whatever you do, DO NOT put it in the DRYER!!!

I hang dry all my 100% cotton outer wear (I don't worry about t-shirts, sweatpants, etc.) Laura Ashley is expensive, and I'd hate for your dd (if you have one) to be wearing it instead of you. ;)

If you dry on low, it should not shrink the clothes. If yours does, check to see if the dryers thermostat is messed up. It is a very easy fix.

If you dry on low, it should not shrink the clothes. If yours does, check to see if the dryers thermostat is messed up. It is a very easy fix.

Unfortunately, my old dryer doesn't have a "low" setting. It's hot, hotter and air fluff, which doesn't really do anything.

I have had good luck air drying clothes, and if they are stiff and/or wrinkled, I put them in the dryer for a very short time, or on air fluff if I'm really worried about shrinking, with a slightly damp wash cloth or hand towel. That softens it up and removed wrinkles without the risk of shrinking.