Menu

Poking feeling?

Yesterday and today I felt a sorta pokey feeling on my chest on the left side. It wasn't sharp, but I definitely felt uncomfortable. It only lasted about a second or two each time and happened 2 or 3 times both yesterday and today.

I already have a physical scheduled for this Thursday. But I wanted to see if anyone has ever experienced something like this and if you had it checked, what did it turn out to be? I admit I'm slightly freaking out.

I've been having almost daily heartburn for the past 2 months and feel occasional stomach aches as well as headaches. These are the reasons I decided to get checked out.

Any advice?

Yesterday and today I felt a sorta pokey feeling on my chest on the left side. It wasn't sharp, but I definitely felt uncomfortable. It only lasted about a second or two each time and happened 2 or 3 times both yesterday and today.

I already have a physical scheduled for this Thursday. But I wanted to see if anyone has ever experienced something like this and if you had it checked, what did it turn out to be? I admit I'm slightly freaking out.

I've been having almost daily heartburn for the past 2 months and feel occasional stomach aches as well as headaches. These are the reasons I decided to get checked out.

Any advice?

Jean is right--it could be so many things. But since you say you've had a lot of heartburn lately, I'd start assuming it's related there. I've had some chest pain-like heartburn related to eating gluten, and occasionally it's coupled with what feels like gas bubbles. They make my chest twinge, and it's fairly scary. After I take a Tums and relax a bit, they go away. So I wouldn't freak out, but I would mention it to the doc.

On a side note, be prepared to go it on your own when researching the heartburn issue. No doc was helpful to me at all in figuring out my own digestive/reflux issues. Get ready to start eliminating to find out what's causing your problems. In my case, caffeine and gluten are both a problem for me (which makes the brownies I've been eating a real problem today *sigh*).

:grouphug: