Menu

Charlie's Playhouse?

FairyMom

We LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It is so awesome. I can't speak highly enough about it. I have a few posts up that show it in use. You can see them here.

ACK! I just tried pulling up the link to buy it and see what you mean about it currently being unavailable. I would call them and see if you can get someone on the phone or an email. I would definitely recommend the playmat over the poster any day.

p.s. In hindsight I wish I had purchased the additional creature cards too. I didn't because I was trying to save money and thought I could get what I needed from library books. And in truth, I have found some pretty killer picture books and such that show a lot of the creatures on the timeline. But I really do kick myself for not getting the creature cards.

I based a large portion of our prehistory unit on CHarlie's play mat and am so happy with it. You can see my prehistory posts here if you are interested.

Well, now I can't seem to find the timeline for sale. :( Only the poster version.... I hope they are still selling the Giant Timeline.

This bothered me for ages too... it says sold out if you click through to Amazon on their website. If you go to Amazon and search for Charlie's Playhouse, you can find it.

This bothered me for ages too... it says sold out if you click through to Amazon on their website. If you go to Amazon and search for Charlie's Playhouse, you can find it.

Hmm... All I can find is the poster not the Giant Timeline Play Mat.

Kristen, I've been to your blog and have really been inspired to do a prehistory study before SOTW 1. I'm glad to hear you like it. I just emailed them to ask if it's still available. Hoping they get back with me. :)

Let me know if they get back to you. I'd love to hear when they expect to get more. I am always recommending it to folks.

We have the playmat and the Creature Cards. We used them a lot with our prehistory study (all details are on my blog with a prehistory tag). My son loved reading the Creature cards and matching them up with the playmat and it gave us lots of game ideas.

I think both were definitely worth it.

We have the playmat and the Creature Cards. We used them a lot with our prehistory study (all details are on my blog with a prehistory tag). My son loved reading the Creature cards and matching them up with the playmat and it gave us lots of game ideas.

I think both were definitely worth it.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Now that I'm really excited about the direction we are going for summer, here's hoping we find one. :tongue_smilie:

I'm waiting for it to become available too! I emailed them a month or two ago asking about it and they were rather vague in a "soon as possible" kind of way. :glare: It's not available in Canada (not through homeschool stores, my library or any other way I can think of) but I JUST discovered a homeschooling aquaintance of mine has an American address drop box, so I'm hopefully going to be able to order it through that! We've already started prehistory,w ihtout it, but I still would like to get it - it seems like something we'd enjoy any time!

Would this mesh well with a theistic evolution pov?

Well, that's a great question. My first thought, without actually having it in hand, would be yes. I haven't seen anything mentioned one way or another about religion at all in any of their materials. I would expect that since it's from a purely scientific point of view. :)

I'm waiting for it to become available too! I emailed them a month or two ago asking about it and they were rather vague in a "soon as possible" kind of way. :glare: It's not available in Canada (not through homeschool stores, my library or any other way I can think of) but I JUST discovered a homeschooling aquaintance of mine has an American address drop box, so I'm hopefully going to be able to order it through that! We've already started prehistory,w ihtout it, but I still would like to get it - it seems like something we'd enjoy any time!

I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and if I don't hear anything, I'll just order the timeline poster and creature cards. I'd rather have the Giant Timeline Play Mat, but at least some of it is available. If you find a place other than Amazon, I would love to know.

• 1 month later...

I never heard back from the company, so I ordered the timeline and creature cards. We all had a great time playing with them yesterday, but my 8 year old loved, loved it. Well worth the money. I only wish the playmat was still available since it will be more durable to walk on.

Two huge thumbs up! :D

Thanks for the update FairyMom. I wish they had responded to you. It was such a fabulous product. I thought I heard they were working on making a plant and tree mat as well but if they stopped the evolution one I am guessing that one won't see fruition either.