Menu

Finally Some Good Luck!

I think dh should buy a lottery ticket. Dh's mom told us last night that we were getting a small (although large to us- about 25% of dh's salary for this year) inheritance from his g-ma. Dh got to work 2 hrs overtime last night and today he got an email he won some contest for free bee supplies!

In the last month we've had $1000 in auto repairs, his scheduled overtime for this month has been cancelled(which we had hoped would make up for some of that), and last week he found out they will be working 4 day weeks again in June. (They were scheduled for 4 day weeks in Feb, Mar, and April but back to regular weeks in May). We get some unemployment for the 4 day weeks but it puts us short $50 every week though and $200 month is a lot in my budget right now!

We are working on paying off the house this year and I've been worried that with the things were going it wouldn't be possible until later, as we want to keep a decent amount of savings. This doesn't change our day to day budget but does mean that we should for sure be able to pay off the house come Jan and still keep a 3 month e fund, small car fund, and enough for our med deductible.

I'm feeling much less stressed! What a blessing to us! After being so tight it would be nice to loosen up and have some splurges though! However, dh's job future is looking iffy and he only has a highschool degree so we are trying to be prudent. We are doing happy dances though! Our Jan 1st payoff date is looking very, very probably barring multiple emergencies.

Ya for good news!!!!!

Thanks, I just got more details and dh won a bee queen of his choice and a $300 gift card for supplies. He has been eyeing an official jacket as we only bought veils and gloves to keep it cheap. He just got stung for the first time last night (3 got him although several were after him) so I bet he will be tickled pink!