Menu

Update on Song School Latin 2

Jay3fer

In case others haven't seen this newsletter from the publisher:

Currently, both Song School Latin Book 2 and Song School Spanish are in the whirlwind of the editing stage. So, do not despair! We are working tirelessly with hopes of bringing you these books for next school year.

The word "hopes" is italicized in the original... which worries me somewhat. I would really rather they had a concrete PLAN, which involved an actual publication date, than just an italicized hope. :001_smile:

I'm trying to stretch out our lessons as well. We're adding on a lot of made-up games to try and keep us going until they get SSL2 out. I was torn between trying out Minimus Mouse until then but I don't think she is ready for that one. SSL2 would be perfect.... sigh.

• 2 months later...

They posted an update on their fb page last week.

Hi Amy and Sarah, We don't have a date yet but we can tell you that Song School Latin is in the editor's hands right now. This editing process is very thorough so that we can present you with an error-free book. Stay tuned here! We'll post samples here as we get closer to the release!

My pre-order of Song School Spanish was cancelled by Christianbook this morning. I take that as a bad sign.

They said in August's newsletter that it'll be ready in Sept. They also have samples of the first 5 chapters on their website (sorry, no link because I got it off their Facebook page and can't figure out how to link it here).

Unfortunately, there was no mention of SSL2 which I'm needing sooner rather than later. We'll get SSS, but ds6 is almost done with SSL and I'm hoping to do them back-to-back. I don't think he's ready for PL yet.