Menu

Sad Day, Beautiful Funeral...

The celebration of our friend John's life was last night. He wanted a worship service and presentation of the gospel instead of a traditional funeral. The choir of our church sang beautifully. His family was fortunate enough to be able to video some of John's favorite memories and stories before he passed away, and shared it at the service. It was beautiful and uplifting...but heartbreaking at the end when his wife spoke.

That has been the hardest for me, personally. We know that John was ready to go. But knowing his wife has a John shaped hole in her heart now is just...hard. I've lost parents, and this is the second young friend we have buried. But it is the first time I've experienced a friend our age losing a spouse. After nearly losing Tom this past year..it is just hitting harder than I expected. I can just imagine all too well what she is feeling right now. Prayers for her and their children would be greatly appreciated.

:grouphug: I'm so sorry. DH lost a good friend/mentor recently to cancer. It was a beautiful memorial service. The church was just packed full. This man was just a regular guy, but he impacted and affected so many lives. It was a joy to hear the stories everyone had of him, in spite of the sadness of his loss.