Menu

Skip Counting Mazes

skueppers

Are the number mazes like this what you mean? The thing is, they're pretty easy because they don't have superfluous numbers and they only have them for 1-5. You still have to figure out the path though.

Sort of like that, except that you aren't told what number to skip count by, and they don't all start with a multiple of the number you're to use. I've attached an example of the kind of puzzle in the Beast Academy 3A book; start at green, finish at red.

post-13833-13535086704631_thumb.jpg

post-13833-13535086704631_thumb.jpg

Similar maze puzzles keep reappearing throughout BA 3a/3b, but I don't know where else to look for them. It might be a good idea to drop them a feedback e-mail - last time I spoke with them, they were still considering what kinds of online supplements would be good to have, so a vote for your favorites could have real results.

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but my ds just finished this section and is begging for more skip counting mazes. Has anyone come across any that are as challenging as those? I will make some up for him but if there were some already made up that would be great!

I know this is an old thread, but my ds just finished this section and is begging for more skip counting mazes. Has anyone come across any that are as challenging as those? I will make some up for him but if there were some already made up that would be great!

Okay, I happened to find some today while doing something completely different and was reminded of this thread. It does tell you the multiple at the top, but you could block it to make it harder. You can control what number and the size of the maze. This site, by the way, has other mazes - my kids like to do the much easier "math maze" on there as super quick fact practice and for first/second gradeish facts practice, the "secret map" math puzzle is kind of fun. All the worksheets on there allow you to customize them in some way.

http://www.worksheetworks.com/math/numbers/multiples-sequence-maze.html

ETA: In case I wasn't clear, these are made randomly by the computer so you can make more and more and more to your heart's content (or your mathy kid's).

Edited by farrarwilliams