Menu

Toxin free hair mousse? Am I dreaming?

I recent went with Trader Joe's toxin free shampoo, conditioner, handwash, bodywash, deodorant (I have to use baby powder with it or I feel sticky... grrr.)(I know there's another deodorant thread) and also a toxin free shave cream!

It feels great to have made the switch... but I have curly hair and can only wash it once a week unless I get it dirty (as in, dirt from gardening all day or something like that)... and I have dry, curly hair that will frizz horribly without mousse.

Any recommendations on a product that is toxin free?

Thanks!

Giovanni makes a natural mousse that comes in an air-pump bottle. It's the only one I use.

That, or Kiss My Face Hold-Up, was my first thought. I've also found coconut oil keeps my (curly, dry) hair from frizzing out, but it doesn't hold as well as mousse. (eta) It works very well if my hair is up, which is how I usually have it, fairly well if it's down.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

naturallycurly.com has some I believe. Read their boards for more "homemade" suggestions. My hair change dramatically after going "no-poo." I recently started shampooing again to experiment and my hair is much worse for it. I'm going back to no-poo as soon as I strip it of silicones again.