Menu

Do you look forward to your children moving out?

Not so much 'looking forward' to it, but also not dreading it. I am nearly ready to be done with the great responsibility of it. I still have a young-ish one, but I do look forward to decreasing the intensity of my mothering.

Edited by LibraryLover

I really enjoy both of my sons, but I am looking forward to that stage of my life. I can't imagine them living at home after the age of 18 because they are already very independent, and I think we would clash badly! I also think they will be more than ready, and I'll be proud to see them move into the next stage of their lives as well.

I know DH and I will miss them, but I'm a firm believer that kids need to move out to become fully self-actualized people.

Oh yeah. We looked forward to it. Can't wait until the day comes. I love me chidren to death. I enjoy their company. But they require so much time, energy and money that I find it impossible to keep up with just the ones I have left. Three of my six have left home. One left for year to go to a different college and then transfered back to MTSU. My hubby is in a Master's degree probram, he is the campagin coordinator for someone running a bid for state senetor, he has a job of course, is stil songwriting and it still involved in the Masons. My children all have school, work, activities, camps, activities, sports, etc. Everyone comes in and drop whatever it is they are doing, changes and heads out to what they want to do next.

It's my job to clean the house, plan the menu, do the shopping, handle all appointments, manage canlendars and money flow. I lokke forward to the day when I can go to their houses and get waited on hand and fot.