Menu

before Beast Academy

Targhee

All you Beastly guinea pigs... what do you think is best to use before Beast Academy?? I have a ds starting second in the fall. He finished RS B and we were going to start SM 2a in the fall (like I have done with older DD). I am not sold on BA yet, but it really looks like something that would appeal to DS. Would he be able to transition from SM to BA easily enough?

All you Beastly guinea pigs... what do you think is best to use before Beast Academy?? I have a ds starting second in the fall. He finished RS B and we were going to start SM 2a in the fall (like I have done with older DD). I am not sold on BA yet, but it really looks like something that would appeal to DS. Would he be able to transition from SM to BA easily enough?

SM cwp/ip would be a nice lead-in to BA. Worked here.

DD finished RS C right before Easter. She started BA3 a few weeks later and she is now working on the skip-counting chapter of BA3 A. I think it has been an almost perfect transition so far...time will tell. Some of it is certainly review, but there are other terms and concepts she hasn't touch yet, or may never cover, in RS, like pentominoes, for instance. I'm planning of finishing BA3 B before we start with RS D. The jury is still out whether or not we continue with BA, except I know that the kids think it is the "fun" math even when it is frustrating, so far. She and her younger siblings are pouring over the BA Guides and they have all of the characters memorized. :D

ETA: I realize I didn't address your SM question, but I felt I could speak to the RS previously used.

Edited by ChrisB