Menu

Would your (upper) teen girl.....

*be interested in taking an online class (for fun) that helped her define her goals, dreams, visions ect for the future and how to create a plan of action?

*be interested in taking an online class about habits, healthy and otherwise?

*if yes, what sort of fee would you be willing to pay?

I've been approached to teach some classes dedicated to teen girls on topics like those above and others. I know some of the girls around me would love it but I wanted a wider opinion.

These are not homeschooling classes and would have small amounts of outside work (nothing that would compete with outside activities).

*be interested in taking an online class (for fun) that helped her define her goals, dreams, visions ect for the future and how to create a plan of action?

My dd19 should do a class like this, but she probably wouldn't because it would still be too much like school work and she's totally burned out. I wish she would though because she has *no* idea what to do with her life. She doesn't have any particular dreams or goals so she's stuck in how to move foward. Of course I've been trying to help, but I must not be saying the right things because nothing has sparked her interest at this time.

I'm not sure how much I'm willing to pay. It would likely depend on how the class is structured, and how much of it there is. If it's something as simple as filling in a few worksheets, that wouldn't be worth much, IMHO. But then again, I would have no idea what to expect from a course like that.

We use Keystone High School and they have a few electives: Life Skills, Skills for Success, and Working for Success. Here's the link: Keystone Electives. It should take you directly to their list of high school electives. The information includes course outlines.

EK is 17, but she would not be interested in a class like that. Now, if you were to offer a class like that here in our town, so she could participate in a group, then yes, she would.

The plan would be to have it in a multi media format so that participation was key. It may be through chat, web cam, video, ect. Would that be something that would be interesting to her?

I realize that this program won't be interesting to a lot of girls but we are trying to make it interesting for as many as possible.

We have talked about doing seminars in some states. If the seminar was a weekend of packed information, how many would be interested in that format?