Menu

Exercise thread 5/6-5/12

My rebounder came with a free DVD. It helped to give me some ideas, but it's a bit annoying to use regularly. I have a routine that I do to my favorite music. I love it - the computer's on and I enjoy watching photos on the slideshow while I bounce and do different moves while listening to music. I've viewed lots of rebounding DVDs on TotalFitness and Collage - have yet to find something I really like. You Tube (like the Tracy Anderson one you mentioned) has lots of good ideas also.

Don't...um...bOOks bounce a lot doing rebounding? Also, how high do you jump? I mean, could I do it in a room with only 8-ft ceilings? :lol: My challenge is there is a ceiling fan in that room where I exercise. I guess I could jump from behind the sofa. I could still see the tv from there. But, is an 8-ft ceiling high enough in general??

Don't...um...bOOks bounce a lot doing rebounding? Also, how high do you jump? I mean, could I do it in a room with only 8-ft ceilings? :lol: My challenge is there is a ceiling fan in that room where I exercise. I guess I could jump from behind the sofa. I could still see the tv from there. But, is an 8-ft ceiling high enough in general??

Cynthia, for high-impact stuff like rebounding, I wear a more supportive bra. :) Got mine from Athleta, I think.

I don't jump very high. Our ceilings are also 8-foot high and yes, I do my rebounding directly under our ceiling fan. :D Been doing it for a few years and love it. No problems so far.

Ladies, I keep reading (here on these boards and elsewhere) that rebounding and jumping jacks are very helpful for urinary stress incontinence. Tip: Don't drink too much water beforehand AND make sure to go to the bathroom right before. :)

Cynthia, for high-impact stuff like rebounding, I wear a more supportive bra. :) Got mine from Athleta, I think.

I don't jump very high. Our ceilings are also 8-foot high and yes, I do my rebounding directly under our ceiling fan. :D Been doing it for a few years and love it. No problems so far.

Ladies, I keep reading (here on these boards and elsewhere) that rebounding and jumping jacks are very helpful for urinary stress incontinence. Tip: Don't drink too much water beforehand AND make sure to go to the bathroom right before. :)

deep squats too

Since I have been doing Insanity and quite doing traditional "ab" workouts, that urge has nearly gone away (except if I drink water right beforehand)

Oh, Stephanie I thought this would interest you. The book I mentioned earlier, one of the authors has run over 35 marathons!

Can you imagine! Wow.

Wow! 35 marathons! That's a lot of running!!

Friday: 65 min hill walk

Sat: 6 mile run

Today: 1 mile run in my new minimalist shoes. I have to ease into them slowly, so am going to do 1 mile runs on some non-running days for a few days, then maybe 2 mile runs . . . This is their first test drive. Very excited!! (Brooks Pure Flow)

ETA: The 1 mile run was fun! The kids all joined me! FUN!

Edited by StephanieZ