Menu

"Somebody that I used to know" song lyrics

I will pay good money for video of you wailing, "You didn't have to cut me off!" next time she wings you.

I'm dying here. Hilarious! If we had WTM awards, this would qualify as best crossover posts of the year. :lol:

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Now I'm addicted. I like the "Walk off the Earth" version best though.

Does anyone else want to sing "Baa baa black sheep, have you any wool" to the opening riff? :lol:

Yes, I agree she is definitely an X and she is talking about how he told her he wouldn't be hung up on HER (somebody that he used to know)

He is such a whiner. :D Can't we just pretend like everything is still ok? Even though I'm glad it is over?

Hehe, DH hates this song for exactly this reason, he can't abide whingers! DS calls it 'the camoflage song.' And it has been played a lot recently, since it came in #1 in the hottest 100 http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100/11/

I was thinking that they were tangled into each other's web, but then she breaks free. I didn't think about color at all. You all have some great ideas, though! DH plays this song a lot. I don't even care about the lyrics- I like the tune of it and the way it blends together and their voices.

See now, I don't see her verse as saying he was hung up on someone else at all. "You said that you could let it go, and I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know" She says those last 5 words with a lot of anger, like she's ticked off at him that he said he could "let go" of the relationship, that going back to being "just friends" would be do-able, and that she wouldn't have to worry about him still wanting to go back into a relationship, but here he is whining about her making a clean break, like obviously he *wasn't* ready to "let go". Her anger in the last 5 words is her repeating back to him how he's been referring to her throughout the song. That he's calling her "someone that he used to know", and yet he still hung up on her.

Yes! Exactly the way I saw it.

I was thinking that they were tangled into each other's web, but then she breaks free. I didn't think about color at all. You all have some great ideas, though! DH plays this song a lot. I don't even care about the lyrics- I like the tune of it and the way it blends together and their voices.

I too LOVE the tune and melody but HOW can you not care about the lyrics. I just can't enjoy a song unless I know and like the lyrics.

Hehe, DH hates this song for exactly this reason, he can't abide whingers! DS calls it 'the camoflage song.' And it has been played a lot recently, since it came in #1 in the hottest 100 http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100/11/

I bet your dh also hates the song Jessie...hee hee. Such a whiner song and so mournful. I also love that song. I don't like whiners but I love when that much emotion can be put into a song...cuz well, sometimes a person just needs to whine!