Menu

straight talk & iphones

some of you may know this, but i just found out & thought it was worth posting. i don't work for straight talk or anything ...just sharing news and i know a lot of you are on budgets like myself.

my husband and i use straight talk for our cell phones and have for a couple of years. my dad just gave me an old iphone 3GS through AT&T. he figured i could have fun with it surfing the web and playing with apps, etc. anyway. it is compatible with the straight talk plan now! they have a new "bring your own phone" plan or something like that. i just bought an AT&T sim card for $16 and switched my phone plan straight over to my iphone! i now have a fully functioning iphone for $45 a month.

anyway, i thought this was worth sharing. here's the straight talk info...

http://www.straighttalksim.com/

hope this is helpful to someone else:) you can buy refurbished iphones online. i know gamestop has good deals too.

Edited by mytwomonkeys

That's good to know... :)

I currently have a Verizon cell phone (talk & text only). The expense is what keeps me from upgrading to a data plan.

Is the Straight Talk plan truly "unlimited" data?

Thanks for sharing! :)

That's good to know... :)

I currently have a Verizon cell phone (talk & text only). The expense is what keeps me from upgrading to a data plan.

Is the Straight Talk plan truly "unlimited" data?

Thanks for sharing! :)

maybe someone else will know better than myself, but for what i use my phone for - yes. it is truly unlimited. no issues at all. even with my new ultra cool super awesome iphone:tongue_smilie:, i've been playing with it like crazy...surfing the web...downloading podcasts...playing music...texting...emailing...and there hasn't been a pause or skipped a beat:)