Menu

Never would have guessed it...

My dryer was starting to smell REALLY bad last week. Like something had died... in fact, that was just what I thought had happened... that some critter had crawled up in the dryer and been done-in when I turned the thing on. (Just what I need, guilt to make me feel even less like doing my laundry!)

The repair guy said it'd cost about $150+ for him to come take care of the problem (DH was out of town). Now, I have a real problem paying for someone else to do something I know I am capable of doing. I asked myself just how much was avoiding the "ick" worth to me? Not $150, so I attempted dismantling the dryer myself. Argh! I hate when I have the knowledge to do something, but need more hands/strenth, KWIM?

DH came home this weekend and we attacked the dryer together (kids were watching like it was reality TV!). And the smelly culprit turned out to be....

A toad stool. and I mean poop! Here in Hawaii we have these HUGE toads (poisonous if your dog licks them). Apparently one of them decided that my dryer vent was a nice cozy place to do his/her business. Yuck! Little pile.. but huge stink!

Gladly, after bleach and "Simple Solution" I now have a non-smelly dryer... and yet another funny story about living in paradise.