Menu

Time spent on Bible curriculum

Ds (6.5) and dd(4)will be doing a Bible lesson with me next year. My concern (since my son will be in school) is the length of each lesson. How much time do each of these programs take to complete a lesson:

-Bible study Guide for All ages

-Grapevine Stick figure through the Bible

-positive Action for Christ

Any recommendations for other curriculum? How to save time?

I've used the intermediate Bible Study Guide for All Ages worksheets with my youngest. If we did both sides with plenty of discussion it took 25-30+ minutes. It could take less, but we love to talk about the Bible. We end up talking about what God is teaching us, how it applies to our lives, etc. Even now using HOD we can get easily sidetracked when studying the Word.

I've used the intermediate Bible Study Guide for All Ages worksheets with my youngest. If we did both sides with plenty of discussion it took 25-30+ minutes. It could take less, but we love to talk about the Bible. We end up talking about what God is teaching us, how it applies to our lives, etc. Even now using HOD we can get easily sidetracked when studying the Word.

:iagree:

I'm using a book called "Long Story Short" that has been great! It's interactive and really teaching my children, but it only takes 10-15 minutes tops.

Additionally, my husband is going to be doing Kevin Swanson's Proverbs Study Guides in the evening with our children.

I think between the two, it will be enough...

I'm using a book called "Long Story Short" that has been great! It's interactive and really teaching my children, but it only takes 10-15 minutes tops.

This is what I am going to be using as well. I was looking at some other more "academic" Bible curriculum choices, but (I hate to admit) we've never really done any family-style Bible time at all, other than church, and with this being our first year homeschooling, I didn't want to overwhelm us. I felt like this would be a relaxed, discussion based time in the Word every day as a family without feeling like an assignment. I am really looking forward to it.

Good luck in your search!