Menu

ISO Computer menu planning program

Does this exist? I'm looking for a program that I can use to put in all our family recipes and then pick several and have the program generate a shopping list. Free would be nice but I would be willing to pay a small fee if I need to.

plantoeat.com is my favorite! The pantry feature is very useful. :-)

I have tried allrecipies and it was ok, but plan to eat will import all those recipes VERY easily, plus you can import many other site's recipes as well.

Also, if you use google calendar, you can have your menu plans show up there as well.

It is also mobile ready

(my friend loves this feature, but I have a dumb phone)

http://www.plantoeat.com/meal_planner

plantoeat.com is my favorite! The pantry feature is very useful. :-)

I have tried allrecipies and it was ok, but plan to eat will import all those recipes VERY easily, plus you can import many other site's recipes as well.

Also, if you use google calendar, you can have your menu plans show up there as well.

It is also mobile ready

(my friend loves this feature, but I have a dumb phone)

http://www.plantoeat.com/meal_planner

Yep, all that! And once you import everything (and if you have soft copies of recipes, you can just copy & paste in bulk import, then tweak things by line item), it's drag & drop for planning. The only annoying thing I've found in the grocery list is that imported recipes don't have a good convention for listing ingredients, so I often end up with multiple listings for, say, onions.