Menu

Home remedies for an asthma cough??

Older dd is having a tough time tonight and her inhaler is not really helping . She's done the steamy bathroom and she's had some green tea. What else can I do to give her some relief? I'll be calling the dr. in the morning, but we need to get through tonight.

Do you have a nebulizer? When my ds has bad asthma and his inhaler isn't working, we go to he nebulizer. Then to steroids.

I have a nebulizer but no medicine. It was younger dd's and she's been healthy for a long while. This is a new diagnosis for older dd. The only steroids I have are for younger dd, so the dosage probably isn't right.

Edited by Horton

First, I have a son with asthma. Keep an eye on her, it can turn bad. Quickly. You may need to take her to the emergency room if she struggles too much or call 911.

One thing my son's pediatrition told us a few years ago was a whole can of soda - coke or pepsi, or a cup of coffee can help just enough to keep it from being an emergency. He told to keep that in mind for emergencies.

Also, sometimes steam can make it worse.

Edited by Woodhaven

Now she has a fever (101.5). :001_huh: Younger dd never had a fever when having trouble with her asthma. Older has zero cold symptoms ~ only the cough spasms.

I've given her soda and waiting to see if it helps. She's just so tired.

Now she has a fever (101.5). :001_huh: Younger dd never had a fever when having trouble with her asthma. Older has zero cold symptoms ~ only the cough spasms.

I've given her soda and waiting to see if it helps. She's just so tired.

I'm so sorry. My ds always gets asthma issues when he has a virus. A simple cold will turn scary for him quickly. At his point, I'd call the on call doc or nurse to get a prescription called in. :grouphug:

I'm so sorry. My ds always gets asthma issues when he has a virus. A simple cold will turn scary for him quickly. At his point, I'd call the on call doc or nurse to get a prescription called in. :grouphug:

I spoke with the after hours dr. and he think it's probably a virus as well. He gave me the correct dosage for the steroids I have to help with the asthma symptoms and said to see our regular dr. tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

I spoke with the after hours dr. and he think it's probably a virus as well. He gave me the correct dosage for the steroids I have to help with the asthma symptoms and said to see our regular dr. tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

Good! Hopefully they will work fast. My son usually notices a significant difference after a few hours of the steroids.