Menu

Do you know?

Okay, seriously. I am positive that someone on this board will know the answer to this very important question. I really just HAVE to know; so please, SHARE IF YOU KNOW!!!

You go to a fast food restaurant, through the drive through. You order, pull up, pay, pull up, they hand you your drinks then ask you to pull up and they'll bring out the rest of the food.

Now, sometimes, you have a huge order so that makes sense if there is a line behind you. Other times, you ordered something that is going to take a few extra minutes so you moving up means they can give the other people their food in the meantime. Cool.

But when you are the only one in the drive-through, why on earth do they have you move up?

Hubby thought it had something to do with their ticker times. If they have you move from the window, they can click that they served you. Well, couldn't they do that with you sitting at the window? And if it is supposed to be the time they get rid of you, then isn't it dishonest to say they sent you with your food if they didn't?

Anyway, how is that for really important? But seriously, I'd love to know as it happens very regularly here.

I know! I used to work at McDonalds in my (much) younger days. Occasionally someone from the corporate office would come out and time the drive-thru. The stopwatch will stop once they are pulled forward if they have to wait. (Even with nobody behind you, if they were timing you then their time stops once you pull up).

Hubby thought it had something to do with their ticker times. If they have you move from the window, they can click that they served you. Well, couldn't they do that with you sitting at the window? And if it is supposed to be the time they get rid of you, then isn't it dishonest to say they sent you with your food if they didn't?

Anyway, how is that for really important? But seriously, I'd love to know as it happens very regularly here.

Back in the day when I worked at Wendy's, there was a motion sensor outside the window that would start and stop with the movement of the car. And yes, it is dishonest, but I also remember the timer had an alarm that would sound if the time went past the allotted time (say, 30 seconds) and it was very annoying and would only shut off once the car left. We would often ask people to move forward just so we wouldn't have to hear the stupid beeping.

AH! That makes sense.

I know! I used to work at McDonalds in my (much) younger days. Occasionally someone from the corporate office would come out and time the drive-thru. The stopwatch will stop once they are pulled forward if they have to wait. (Even with nobody behind you, if they were timing you then their time stops once you pull up).

when I worked at Wendy's, there was a motion sensor outside the window that would start and stop with the movement of the car. And yes, it is dishonest, but I also remember the timer had an alarm that would sound if the time went past the allotted time (say, 30 seconds) and it was very annoying and would only shut off once the car left. We would often ask people to move forward just so we wouldn't have to hear the stupid beeping.

Grrrr....

Now that I think of it, Wendy's does seem to be the biggest problem.

In better news, Chik-fil-A seems to be the best as far as CUSTOMER service!

Grrrr....

Now that I think of it, Wendy's does seem to be the biggest problem.

In better news, Chik-fil-A seems to be the best as far as CUSTOMER service!

I love Chick fil a! I do get concerned about the employees standing in the 100+ degree heat at lunch. I told a manager one of their guys looked really sick and overheated one time. But, their method does get you through the line really fast!