Menu

What to engrave on my dd's IPad?

We're getting my dd an Ipad for graduation (shhhh!!). I just learned that I can have it engraved. I can't decide what to put. I could put K---'s assistant. Or I could go with something cute/funny like, "Don't Panic" (She's not a huge HitchHiker fan, but I like it. :D ), or "Don't Blink" (or something else from Doctor Who. She's a huge Who fan :001_smile:) Or I could go with some sort of nice quote (I can't think of any).

What do you think? What should I do. Her sister has been no help. Her only comment was that she has lots of quotes that she loves, but her older sister has none. :tongue_smilie:

So what says the Hive?

On my ipod and dd's ipod, dh had it engraved with expressions of love. I can't tell you how many times I have seen the back of mine and it made me smile to see what he wrote.

For dd, it simply says,' For our Catherine, who is very loved- from mom and dad'. It sounds corny but everyone likes a reminder that they are loved.

I would go with the Dr. Who quote. Sci-fi quotes are very appropriate. I have 'this is not the droid your looking for' engraved on mine. It is a memorable line from Star Wars, and it since droids are rivals of Apple products it sounded funny to me. when I get a 3 I will probably put something from Dr. Who on it.

I would go with the Dr. Who quote. Sci-fi quotes are very appropriate. I have 'this is not the droid your looking for' engraved on mine. It is a memorable line from Star Wars, and it since droids are rivals of Apple products it sounded funny to me. when I get a 3 I will probably put something from Dr. Who on it.

What Who quote would you go with?

What Who quote would you go with?

IDK yet. I do like Spoilers like PP mentioned. I see David Tennet standing at the top of stairs in the library every time I hear that word. Does she have a favorite character? My youngest son loves the daleks, and he would pick Exterminate (I had to track down a beach towel with a dalek and the word Exterminate on it and order it from London for his birthday lol). My dd loves Stay Calm, Don't Blink. My middle son likes Oh, The Lost Moon of Poosh lol.

You can google doctor who lines, but here are a few more off the top of my head:

Allons-y

The one thing you can't do is stop them thinking.

Are you my mummy?

I'm the doctor, we're in the biggest library in the universe, look me up

Bananas are good

I died and turned into a Roman. It's very distracting.

Everybody lives

Who looks at a screw driver and thinks, ooh this could be a little more sonic?

Time can be rewritten

Scilence will fall

The stars are going out

Bible verses on ours. Middle dd put a song lyric. Oldest dd found one that was related to music, and I put, "For where your treasure is, there will be your heart also." This not meaning that my heart is with my iPad :tongue_smilie: but more just to remind me of the treasures (not material) I'm lucky enough to have in my life.

Just a thought.