Menu

One Year Adventure Novel? Opinions wanted! x:post

I'm curious too. (we just bought it through Homeschool Buyers Co-Op, on sale through the end of April, I think). The reviews I've read have been universally positive, and many glowing. We are going to be doing the program for 8th grade, along with some Jensen's Format Writing.

It was a HUGE hit with my 9th grader who loves to write. The forum activity is a blast.

With a younger child, it's a pretty big project to stay committed to a novel for one entire year. Also, there is no grading down by the OYAN people.

However, the owners do free webinars that are super informative and run a summer camp for writers.

We love this program for our fiction writer!!! Great people; great service!

FIVE stars

For those interested, this thread has gotten a lot more response on the high school board. It really is a high school level program. I think only exceptional middle schoolers would want to try it (and I know there are plenty of those around here). I think it is much better saved for high school credit.