Menu

Anyone use R&S or CLE Preschool?

ksr5377

R&S and CLE's preschool workbook programs are the same.

The About 3 series is very, VERY basic, good for a mature 2 year old or a 3 yr. old.

I think the ABC series (ABCDEFGHI books) is good for a 4 yr. old. My 5 yr. old did some of them this year as a filler when we curriculum-flopped (books A-D were a bit basic for her, but books E-I were better). I did some pretty detailed breakdowns of the skills in the books here.

CLE also has a new Kinder program. I plan on using it for my youngest DD for K'en.

R&S and CLE's preschool workbook programs are the same.

HA! That would explain why after looking at them both very quickly they seemed so similar. For some reason I can't get CLE's website to work here. Thank you so much for the post you linked to, that was very helpful. DD4 is doing so wonderful with reading, right behind her older sister. However, her motor skills aren't so great. I thought I would go with something gentle that she would have fun with. I don't want school to be frustrating her at the age of 4 already.

I think the ABC series would be good in your situation. My 5 yr. old enjoyed most of the things she did in them (though she did get a little tired of some of the repetition.)

My favorites are workbooks C (numbers/counting) and I (another one focused on numbers, with a woodland theme).

We just began the R&S series today! My ds4 did not want to put it away. I think he must have done 10 pages (he worked harder than my 1st grader!). :lol:

I know it's early, but for the price I am impressed. I think it's a good way for us to finish off our preschool year. It will probably carry us part way into our K year and I will either finish off the year with G-H-I or move on to CLE kinder II.

My 4yo DS loved doing R&S for preschool. I would often times find him and his older sister sitting in their room working on them for fun. I felt like it strengthened his ability to grip a pencil properly with the line tracing, cutting and pasting that was included in the workbooks. Plus, it is hard not to love their affordability!

My youngest did the ABC series through G I think over preK and K. For prek we did them paired with the free Letter of the Week curric as her main curric. We used the ABC workbooks for some actual seat work, just a few pages a week. But the LOTW provided her phonics instruction for the year and lots of good books and activities. The ABC books lasted for her over preK and the first semester of K. Then she moved into the 1st grade Rod and Staff slowly over the 2nd semester of K, finishing it off slowly over 1st grade (this allowed us to do half a lesson a day of reading and phonics which was a good pace for her.) She started 2nd grade R&S materials right on time at the beginning of 2nd this year. So it was a good schedule for us.

My personal favorite of the books is the Artic themed book. It is mostly a mathy workbook, but the arctic theme was fun too. She cried when she finished that series of workbooks!

I used the All About Threes when they were 3/4 (that first preschool year) when my kids were wanting to do school like their siblings. We moved on to The ABC series for Preschool and K (like someone else already posted). My kids really liked it but when they got tired of the repetion, we put it aside and came back to it later. They are very sweet and well done