Menu

R&S Grammar 2- do you need teacher's manual

Ok, for the price I just ordered it. Sounds like it will nice to have.

It is nice to have. I just wanted to mention that 2 is my least favorite of the English series. Something about the tone kind of irks me. I use it, but I love 3 & up. Just a warning not to dismiss the rest of the series if 2 irks you, too :D.

It is nice to have. I just wanted to mention that 2 is my least favorite of the English series. Something about the tone kind of irks me. I use it, but I love 3 & up. Just a warning not to dismiss the rest of the series if 2 irks you, too :D.

Thanks, C! You were one of the people I knew uses it and likes it and I trust your choices. Hopefully 2 will work well for us.

:iagree: I could NOT use 2. We tried it. I felt like it was saying we were sinning if we didn't use a complete sentence. :lol:

I think 3 and 4 are a lot better in that regard. I can use them without going completely insane. 3 is still a bit on the slow side, but I am pulling from it a bit to supplement other things, mostly for the practice writing (DS is more willing to copy sentences which he has to think about - ie, change wording or add punctuation or whatever - whereas straight copywork causes his brain to check out... while he still copies it perfectly).

If I were using it as my main curriculum, I'd definitely use the TM for 3 and up, since it has the daily oral review, which would greatly increase retention. I've never needed the TM for teaching or checking answers (in grades 2 or 3).