Menu

Reading Eggs, Grrrrr

A few weeks back, someone posted a bunch of Reading Eggs Codes for free weeks of trials.

Well, this morning I got this email from the company.

Dear Parent,

This is a courtesy email to advise you that Reading Eggs recently had a technical glitch in the system, which resulted in users being able to enter a large number of Reading Eggs promotional free access codes.

We would like to inform you that the technology glitch has now been fixed and your account has also been amended to reflect our policy, as per our terms and conditions, which allow users only to enter a maximum of two promotional codes.

We hope you will agree that Reading Eggs makes a real difference in helping children learn to read and that you will want to buy a subscription when you free trial period expires.

If you have any questions relating to your account please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team on +61 2 8585 4020 (Sydney, Australia).

Kind regards,

Shealley

Gotta say, I'm not surprised. I had hoped they'd own up to their own mistake and let people keep the trials though.

Not the end of the world, but since there had been some discussion about the whole situation, I though I'd update you all on the communication I'd gotten.

We're not planning on paying for a subscription though. It was a nice program if it was free, you know, like Starfall or something. I just didn't think it was quality enough to pay for.

I got the same email and I am disappointed but not surprised. Littlest *loves* Reading Eggs and asks to do it every day. I am not sure how much she is actually learning but I do think it was better than Angry Birds (and she asks to play that on my phone all the time! LOL!).

Off to check the thread about other options because I am not paying their subscription price. I might have considered it before, even if I think it is on the expensive side, since she loves it so much, but after the way they handled this debaucle, no way!