Menu

Netflix- Vote For Me Documentary Chinese 8 year olds run for class monitor.

I found it delightful. I think it might be upsetting to some, especially those who might consider the problem of bullying in school, but it was interesting and gives a glimpse into one Chinese elementary school. Interestingly, there are nearly 40 children in this particular classroom, although it does not seem so (or it didn't to me). I was impressed by how much the children *move*, and how much noise they are allowed to make.

Won't give it all away, but it's worth a watch.

Edited by LibraryLover

I have this in my instant queue - I'll have to sit down and watch it, thanks!

Just had to add - if you are interested in seeing how different cultures school their children you might find this one to be really good - To Be and To Have. It is a documentary that follows the lives of the teacher and students of a small French country school for one year and I found it to be fascinating!

Edited by Mothersweets

I have this in my instant queue - I'll have to sit down and watch it, thanks!

Just had to add - if you are interested in seeing how different cultures school their children you might find this one to be really good - To Be and To Have. It is a documentary that follows the lives of the teacher and students of a small French country school for one year and I found it to be fascinating!

Thanks!

I found it delightful. I think it might be upsetting to some, especially those who might consider the problem of bullying in school, but it was interesting and gives a glimpse into one Chinese elementary school. Interestingly, there are nearly 40 children in this particular classroom, although it does not seem so (or it didn't to me). I was impressed by how much the children *move*, and how much noise they are allowed to make.

Won't give it all away, but it's worth a watch.

It's also on YouTube in 5 parts.

• 2 weeks later...