Menu

Homeschool Mascot Ideas

After seeing another thread, we have decided to name our school and allow the kids to pick our mascot and school colors. Since they have all been in the public school system I thought this would be fun for them. I THINK I have decided on (disclaimer: I stole part of this name and the theme from another poster) 'Solid Rock Bible Academy' with Proverbs 22:6 as our school verse and 'Building faith and satisfying curiosity' as the theme. I would like to have several mascot options/suggestions ready for the kids but am drawing a blank. What do you think would flow with our school name/theme/verse?

After seeing another thread, we have decided to name our school and allow the kids to pick our mascot and school colors. Since they have all been in the public school system I thought this would be fun for them. I THINK I have decided on (disclaimer: I stole part of this name and the theme from another poster) 'Solid Rock Bible Academy' with Proverbs 22:6 as our school verse and 'Building faith and satisfying curiosity' as the theme. I would like to have several mascot options/suggestions ready for the kids but am drawing a blank. What do you think would flow with our school name/theme/verse?

What about a mountain lion/cougar? (mountain = rock for the Solid Rock part, feline/cat = curiosity for the "satisfying curiosity" part). (According to National Geographic, "They are solitary and shy animals, seldom seen by humans" which also sounds sort of humorous for a homeschool mascot haha).

What about a mountain lion/cougar? (mountain = rock for the Solid Rock part, feline/cat = curiosity for the "satisfying curiosity" part). (According to National Geographic, "They are solitary and shy animals, seldom seen by humans" which also sounds sort of humorous for a homeschool mascot haha).

Ohh, I like the mountain lion idea. (link to cool mountain lion photo)

My DD would probably be all over the "Pet Rock"-of course, she's the kid who when the Sunday School teacher asked them to draw something about Palm Sunday, drew a shouting rock (and then had to explain what it was).

One advantage I can see of a Mountain Lion-it's one of the standard school mascots and therefore will be easy to find graphics for. My DD picked a Hydra for our school mascot. It's fairly hard to find cute elementary-school level hydras!