Menu

Anyone used AAR/AAS to tiles with AAR/AAS programs?

squirtymomma

We're coming to the end of AAR pre-level, and I'm not excited about spending $450 on AAR 1-4 (plus, it's not looking like all the levels will be out in time anyway). I used Phonics Pathways and OPGTR with my oldest. I really like the idea of using the phonogram tiles from AAR, though. I think they'll be helpful for my second - very visual - daughter. Couldn't I just use them with any phonics program? Has anyone else done this successfully?

Also, is the new Ziggy supplement useable independently of AAR 1? My dd is looking forward to more with Ziggy...

Edited by squirtymomma

I certainly think you could use the letter tiles with another program to make it more hands-on! Just this week I went back and forth on what phonics program I want to use with DD (who's struggling with CVC words). I was torn between CLE LTR and AAR.....

Well, I went with CLE's LTR, but I plan on using our AAS letter tiles (and other things like games and alphabet stamps) to make the program more fun & interactive.

I can't address the AAR program but I do use AAS. I think it is practically a basic phonics program itself and definitely enhances any phonics program. You might consider sticking with a phonics program you've successfully used before and adding AAS around 1st grade.

:iagree:We're using AAS plus Progressive Phonics and just speeding right along in learning how to read.