Menu

Price of used FIAR fluctuates.

amselby81

What the junk? A new copy only costs $35 on Rainbow Resource Center. The price isn't bad, but I was looking at used copies on amazon and ebay that were running about $20 plus $4 in shipping. I was going to go that route, but I waited. Now the lowest I can find used is on ebay for $36.91 plus $3.50 in shipping. Yeah right! Like I'm going to pay more for a used copy! Why would the price fluctuate like that? Do you think it'll go back down? If not then I'll just buy it new. Even with shipping costs from RRC it's still cheaper, especially if I buy something else with it.

A month ago I was shopping on Amazon Marketplace and I put a book in my cart which cost $9.95. I left it in the cart for a few days, and when I came back to it and proceeded to check out the price had jumped to $965! :eek: Needless to say I dumped it out of my cart and then bought it from another seller. You do have to watch closely.

A month ago I was shopping on Amazon Marketplace and I put a book in my cart which cost $9.95. I left it in the cart for a few days, and when I came back to it and proceeded to check out the price had jumped to $965! :eek: Needless to say I dumped it out of my cart and then bought it from another seller. You do have to watch closely.

Good thing you saw the price change! :lol:

This happens with a lot of books. Especially curricula. It always tickles me to find stuff going for more than it costs new. Sometimes it's an honest mistake (like there is a sale or the price dropped) but sometimes it's so exorbitantly overpriced that I can't imagine who they think is going to buy it!

Good thing you saw the price change! :lol:

This happens with a lot of books. Especially curricula. It always tickles me to find stuff going for more than it costs new. Sometimes it's an honest mistake (like there is a sale or the price dropped) but sometimes it's so exorbitantly overpriced that I can't imagine who they think is going to buy it!

:iagree: exactly. I always check prices new before buying used. I am not going to buy used for a $1 or $2 less than new. Amazon has free shipping over $25. . . it really needs to be discounted for me to buy used.

I am often amazed at the price used books/curricula. It has to save me significantly to be worth it.

What the junk? A new copy only costs $35 on Rainbow Resource Center. The price isn't bad, but I was looking at used copies on amazon and ebay that were running about $20 plus $4 in shipping. I was going to go that route, but I waited. Now the lowest I can find used is on ebay for $36.91 plus $3.50 in shipping. Yeah right! Like I'm going to pay more for a used copy! Why would the price fluctuate like that? Do you think it'll go back down? If not then I'll just buy it new. Even with shipping costs from RRC it's still cheaper, especially if I buy something else with it.

I have Volumes 1 through 3 and am putting off putting them on the Swap board. If you want them, pm me. $20 ppd each. Or maybe we can agree on a bit less if you want all of them. I also have BFIAR.

I have Volumes 1 through 3 and am putting off putting them on the Swap board. If you want them, pm me. $20 ppd each. Or maybe we can agree on a bit less if you want all of them. I also have BFIAR.

I really appreciate your offer. :) I've actually had a couple people offer their volume 1. If I decide to get Volume 3, I'll let you know. Thank you!