Menu

Spring Cleaning Challenge 2012 - Day 21

Well, one thing this little exercise in trying to do a Spring Cleaning Challenge is just how bad I am at this thing!

Yesterday turned out to be more complicated with outside activities than I anticipated, also I had very low energy, so. . . .I did zilch, zip, nada, nothing. Boo hoo. (well I did do plenty of other things, but not spring cleaning things.)

Today is starting very slowly. . . . it's 11:15 a.m. and we haven't even had breakfast yet! It is my 17 yo's birthday today and I'm letting him sleep in as a present:001_smile: And everyone else is just kinda laying low. I guess it truly is spring break around here.

However, no matter what time it happens, we do have to do math and literature and I'm going to work on both my room and my dd's. NO EXCUSES!

So I don't have any new goals today (except to fight off lethergy!)

What about you all?

Spent about 30 minutes in my dd's room. She is a pack rat of the worst variety. But the truth is she really does use every scrap of ribbon, etc. she saves. Right now she has at least 12 dolls/stuffed animals all dressed and put to bed. The beds are made up of boxes, books, hand towels, scraps of material and old pillowcases. She makes pillows for them out of old socks. So even though I hauled out a bag full of trash and tried to reorganize things better, I let a lot of stuff stay as it is. She's only going to be playing like this for a little while longer and then she'll start getting too old for such things (sniff!). So I didn't have the heart to get tough!

Well I skipped an entire week so I have to make it up. Originally I was planning just through Passover/Easter. However, my dh just informed me that he is going to be super busy for the next 6 weeks and I need his help with some of this stuff, especially cleaning out the garage. So to actually get the house clean to the level I want it, I'm definitely going to have to go past this weekend. Now I'm thinking maybe to Memorial weekend, but instead of reporting daily, I could move to weekly reports.

I need to join as well. I'm doing a major, major spring cleaning--first decluttering and then if I'm lucky actually clean. We're having a first communion party at the end of the month, and my MIL, who is a total neat freak will be here. She hasn't been to my house in many years.

Our church has a semi-annual donation to an Appalachian, poverty stricken community. All that I have to do is load up my van (I've taken up to 7 trips) and they deliver it all to be sold in a local thrift store.

First I'm going to clean the garage so I have a place to store all the boxes/bags I'm donating. Then I'm going to town w/the rest of the house. I'm tired of things ruling my life. I might need an intervention to get me to part with some things.

Laura

I didn't get anything done today; at least nothing to do with spring cleaning. I've been neglecting checking and had to fill in quarterly reports. So that had to be done. Tomorrow hopefully brings a chance for me to tackle the living room ceiling fans and maybe the curtains too. They are very dusty.

yeah!!! for all those who are carrying out garbage bags full of stuff. We will all feel so much lighter when we're done!!