Menu

TT 7 to TT Algebra 1

Yes. I emailed TT about this once, and they said that unless a student needs the extra review, he can go from TT7 to Alg I.

TT Prealgebra is basically a review of TT7 plus an intro to Algebra I, and Algebra I then repeats the concepts that were covered in TT Prealgebra. So it overlaps both TT7 and Algebra I, as a bridge for kids who need extra review and/or are not ready for algebra.

ETA: this is on their website:

Q. How do I know if my child is ready for Algebra 1?

A. The best way to tell is to take our Algebra 1 placement test. If you don't have time for this, then you should know that if a child is 13 or older and knows basic math fairly well, he is probably ready for Algebra 1. To be more specific, if the student can easily add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers and has made average grades on assignments involving fractions, decimals, and percents, it’s time to move to our Algebra 1 program (especially since the book starts by assuming that the student has no knowledge of algebra). If the student is 12 or younger or still needs work on basic math, then he or she should probably start with the Pre-Algebra Teaching Textbook.

Jackie

Edited by Corraleno

Thank you.

I had planned to move on using a combination of Key to Algebra, Lial's and interactmath.com. BUT, ds likes TT. :001_huh: And, now that we've filled in some gaps he is doing well with math.

I think I'll plan on TT Algebra 1.

And...... I sold it a few years ago.:tongue_smilie: LOL

Thanks again!