Menu

Wow, this woman was amazing

An elderly lady just died in the county where I lived. At 114 yrs. old, she was one of the world's oldest people. She was a retired pediatrician. Besides other accomplishments, she opened her own practice in 1931 in her home and worked until she retired at age 103. She was the world's oldest practicing physician.

In case you're interested, this is her obituary. That seems like a life well lived indeed. I wish I had that type of drive.

Wow, what an amazing life, quite inspirational.

Just lately I so often feel that, at 48 yo, there's nothing much to look forward to in life anymore, yet at my age she still had a very long, productive, and fulfilling life ahead of her. Makes you think, doesn't it?

Cassy

Wow, what an amazing life, quite inspirational.

Just lately I so often feel that, at 48 yo, there's nothing much to look forward to in life anymore, yet at my age she still had a very long, productive, and fulfilling life ahead of her. Makes you think, doesn't it?

Cassy

That is exactly what I was thinking! I'm 44 and have been feeling kind of sorry for myself that my fun homeschooling days are over and my teens are all outgrowing their need for me. I look forward to grandchildren, but that's about it. I don't have any other dreams. I don't have any plans. I figure I'll spend the next 40+ yrs. playing games on my computer. When I say it aloud, it doesn't sound like much of a life's plan.