Menu

MFW AHL or SL Core 100?

Abbeygurl4

Looking towards next year for my 13 yo ds. I want something he can do on his own pretty much. I'm looking at MFW, I like the looks of the guide and the bible study. Or SL Core 100 which is also written to the student. Anyone familiar with both?

A few questions because I think you're asking about two entirely different things here. :)

Will your 13yo son be in 9th grade when you do this? Or are you looking for 8th grade? If he's going to be in 9th, then you don't want Notgrass ATB as the pp suggested.)

If you go with SL, what will he do for Bible and English? (Those are included in MFW high school.)

Isn't SL 100 American history? MFW AHL is Ancients. Which time period do you want to do? And that comes back to my first question.... 8th or 9th grade? Are you planning on the 4-year history cycle for high school?

Will your 13yo son be in 9th grade when you do this? Or are you looking for 8th grade? If he's going to be in 9th, then you don't want Notgrass ATB as the pp suggested.)

Sorry, I guess I thought this was 7th or 8th grade. Notgrass also has a high school level 1 year history called Exploring America and a government class.

A few questions because I think you're asking about two entirely different things here. :)

If you go with SL, what will he do for Bible and English? (Those are included in MFW high school.)

That's why I'm leaning towards MFW, I like that everything is included and he would read through the entire OT. I'd probably do Analytical Grammar and Write With The Best if I went with SL. I don't know what I'd do for bible study with SL.

Isn't SL 100 American history? MFW AHL is Ancients. Which time period do you want to do? And that comes back to my first question.... 8th or 9th grade? Are you planning on the 4-year history cycle for high school

8-th grade so I'm not concerned about the history cycle. I'll have him do a 2 or 4 year history cycle in high school.

I wanted to use 8th grade to get him used to being more independent. I want him to start really reading directions and checking off assignments without me reading over his shoulder and asking if he understands.

Edited by Abbeygurl4