Menu

AP Calculus BC exam in a month. Ds. needs to start reviewing. Unfortunately, the

state school online program that he is doing does not include any prep but is continuing with assignments from the text till the end of April. He needs to begin prep immediately on his own. We have the Princeton's and Barron's prep books and a friend gave us her Spark notes flashcards and book. Please share what you all did with your children to effectively prep for the exam. Thanks.

Princeton, Barron's and Sparknotes ought to get you through. The Barron's is considerably more difficult than the others, so you might want to save that one until last (otherwise it can be quite discouraging). My son worked with those books and felt well prepared for the exam.

state school online program that he is doing does not include any prep but is continuing with assignments from the text till the end of April. He needs to begin prep immediately on his own. We have the Princeton's and Barron's prep books and a friend gave us her Spark notes flashcards and book. Please share what you all did with your children to effectively prep for the exam. Thanks.

DS liked both Princeton's and Barron's. He also said that doing the free response questions that are on the College Board website was very helpful. The old released exam you can buy from the college board was helpful too. Best wishes!

Edited by Luann in ID

We recently saw a segment on '60 Minutes' on the Khan Academy. We mentioned it to our first year college student. He commented, 'of course I knew about that, how do you think I scored a 5 on the AP Calc exam?'

Was it the AP Calc BC exam? My ds felt that Khan Academy didn't have as much material covering BC topics as he would have liked. But maybe they've added to the site. They always are.

Thank you ladies. Luann and Belacqua, ds. has started working on Princeton Review. Currently he is doing sequences and series in the text and I asked hiim to work on the same chapter in Princeton Review and Barron's. Muttichen, I am printing out the free response questions from CB. Should he work on one exam a day or one section? Thanks. Also, is it beneficial to memorize the Spark notes flash cards?