Menu

Lewis & Clark Fans? History note...

I had a pretty funny moment here today- for a couple of years now I've been studying Lewis & Clark. It's a pretty heavy feature for this area as it was part of their route.

It's been driving me crazy for a while now, going through records of their walks around the area, and I just happened to ask a local historian the other day about it.

"Where's the island they keep talking about?"

He told me.

It's across the dang street from me. Literally.

So anyway, if you have someone interested it their farthest exploration up the Columbia, shoot me a note, and I'll mail a rock to you or something as a keepsake.

We are going for a walk there later, but this time, I'm going to have a different appreciation for it. I've been photographing points along the trail for some time now.

Here's one of my favorites.

canyon.jpg

I'd like a picture, if you wouldn't mind. My username is Meriwether because my oldest three kids were born along the Lewis and Clark trail. The fourth was a little ways off but close enough that a scouting party could have come this far. I'd be happy to send you pictures from my area.