Menu

Anyone want to write my essay??? :P

I have to write an essay for my classical mythology class. So far my average in the class is a 100 and I really just do not want to write this essay. I will send you my page of notes.... and a cookie!!! :)

I had to write this EXACT same essay in high school, and my harddrive died or else I would have just reused the same essay.... :lol:

You have to write about classical mythology impacting contemporary film.

Any takers? No?

Aawww come on!! :) Howabout TWO cookies??? :)

(I very much do not like this class. No one in the class has any idea about history (and what sort of role classical greek mythology plays) and it's just so tiring. I am the class fact-checker always : "Were you aware that....?" Aaand the professor assigns "discussion questions" that are the most vague and lengthy and serve no purpose actually facilitating any sort of discussion. All of her questions begin with "Discuss this myth...." (or exactly like that) which is very straight-forward and not at all leading to a discussion. Except when you throw people in the mix who have NO idea about how history developed. THIS. IS. WHY. A. CHRONOLOGICAL. STUDY. OF. HISTORY. IS. IMPORTANT!

*gets off soapbox*

Oh, come on, there have been what, at least 5 movies in the past few years based on mythology? Here is a Wikki list. That sounds totally fun! It sounds like your classmates aren't...enthusiastic. Write something that will stir their souls and relate these awesome stories that they already know. They just don't know they know them yet.

Do you like Stargate-SG1?

Oh, come on, there have been what, at least 5 movies in the past few years based on mythology? Here is a Wikki list. That sounds totally fun! It sounds like your classmates aren't...enthusiastic. Write something that will stir their souls and relate these awesome stories that they already know. They just don't know they know them yet.

Do you like Stargate-SG1?

:lol: I have that list in my page of notes!

I actually hit a brick wall because I can't find my textbook and I need to pull some quotes about the great life of the contemporary film ... stuff. *bleats* I just did my homework last night and I used it.... I should link to my organization thread from earlier today.... :lol:

Oh there are a ton of movies! I am just not sure if she wants the obvious or the "hidden" stuff- like themes/motifs or if she wants us to be like "Well, the Clash of the Titans is the story of Perseus...."

I am really looking forward to Prometheus- that comes out in June- that looks like a good movie!

Off to keep looking for my textbook....

I really dislike this class. :glare:

We had an exam that was due today. She gives us a review before the exam. I did the first review I spent about 3 hours on it, and was exhausted after I completed it. When I went to take the first exam THE QUESTIONS WERE THE SAME AS THE REVIEW! Of course, I had not saved my answers in a separate word document, so I had to go through and answer the same questions. Well, it went a lot faster the second time.

This exam was even worse. Half the questions were repeats of the "discussion" questions that she asked us! Seriously? Does she expect us to re-write an answer we already wrote a couple weeks ago, or just submit the same answer?? This time it barely took me an hour to do the exam. (Let's say 20 minutes writing, 30 minutes goofing off, and 10 minutes double checking things/answering the last couple questions). :banghead::banghead: At least I saved my questions this time between the review and the exam!

I can't wait until I am done with my "education" and I can start learning things I really want to know!!