Menu

BJU Life Science 7-what do I need?

We use the Student Text, the Student's Activity Book, and the Teacher's Manual. We also have the tests but I keep forgetting to use them. My son narrates everything and we discuss heavily so I haven't felt the need for the tests. The pages for the Student's Activity Book are actually located in the back of the texts also, so you could get by without it if you need to save the funds. I also purchased a supply kit from Home Science Tools. It has been handy but we actually haven't used it as much as I thought we would. We also purchased a microscope from Home Science Tools. The Text frequently lists options for homeschoolers who don't have access to the equipment in a typical classroom. Those tips have been helpful and we have been able to do everything we have wanted to do without much fuss. I meant to purchase the Investigations DVD but put it off because of the expense and now we really don't seem to need it. It would probably be nice to have but my son does the labs himself and we haven't missed it so far.

Thanks, everyone! I was a science teacher in my past life so I'm comfortable teaching this. I'm glad to hear the investigations DVDs aren't critical. They're so expensive and this dd typically despises screen-based learning. I'll likely add it when the next dd is ready for the course though b/c she learns quite well that way.