Menu

Derek Owens users...

I want to have my son take the online Geometry with Derek Owens, but can't seem to find on the website how many lectures there are. Is there a lecture for each lesson in each chapter, or one per chapter? Would my son be watching a lecture each day before he does his assigned work?

Thanks for the help!!

Kirsten

Actually, there are lots of mini lectures that make up a whole lecture. He will watch a whole lecture and then do practice problems and sometimes something called "homework" which is a one page thing that is really more like a quiz because it's intermittent (though frequent) and graded.

I emailed Derek Owns and received this reply regarding my questions. It was quite helpful.

"For Geometry, he should expect to spend about as much time as he would in traditional school. Roughly 50 minutes to an hour, 4 or 5 days a week. Since the online classes are very flexible, the actual time taken can vary a good bit from one student to another, but that should give you an idea.

I provide a syllabus that tells the students what to do each week and what assignments are due each week. One lesson per day is not strictly required, but I encourage them to do some work each day rather than doing the entire week’s work all at once."