Menu

Fractured Clavicle? Taking DD12 to doctor's office now...........

If it is a serious break, don't be surprised if they suggest surgery. My brother broke his several times (yes he was that kid that spent time most years with something in a cast), and my parents were told that if he was a girl they would do surgery. The bone is more prominent in females so being straight is more important. My brother was in an immobilizing sling for 6 wks each time.

DS10 fractured his clavicle last fall. Kids heal quickly. She'll probably be in a sling for a wk and forget it ever happened. Good Luck.

Forget it ever happened?? Are you kidding? I'm sure people's experiences vary, but I broke my collarbone when I was seven, and it was one of the most awful experiences of my life. It was incredibly painful and traumatic for me. It did heal quickly and well, but the break itself was horrible.

My dd fell out of our bed and broke her collarbone when she was 3. It was very painful for her for quite a while. They put a brace on her to keep it more immobilized so it didn't hurt as much. At least you don't have to one so small they need to be picked up. You can't pick up a 3yo under their arms/armpits when they have a broke collarbone or they will scream. I would have to carefully pick her up from her waist. I'll just let you imagine how hard it was to put her into a carseat.