Menu

beliefnet test results :)

As far as Baha'i, would you say that you "regard heaven and hell as current qualities of life based on the quest of an individual for spirituality.

Sorry. Not sure if you were asking me or not.

Yes. I think that heaven and hell are states of being, not a physical place.

Life after death is dependent on one’s focus on spirituality in this life."?

No. Even the least spiritual will have some degree of a spiritual life after death.

And that all world religions basically teach the same thing?

Fundamentally, yes.

I find it interesting that they rank any form of Judaism with Baha'i!

Yes, I have often found this interesting also. Mind you, this coming from me :). I love Judaism and have had many Jewish friends. Love Israel also.

In a nutshell, the Baha'i Faith teaches the oneness of mankind. It supports unity between nations, cultures, races, etc. while also maintaining their uniqueness and individuality. Basically, it preaches universal brotherhood and peace.

We also believe in the oneness of God and the oneness of Religion - that there's one God (often called by different names) and since there's only God, all religions are, in essence, one. They appear at different times.

Here's more info if anyone's interested.

For those who like The Office or Rainn Wilson, here's a short piece by him. :)

Edited by Negin in Grenada

Amy, neither logic or faith has told me this. :confused: I don't believe what Christ gave to his apostles, who in turn gave it to the Church by the power of the Holy Spirit, is second hand information.

Your belief is contrary to the definition of firsthand. Firsthand would be if Jesus told it to you himself. If it goes through anyone else before it gets to you it is secondhand.

Your belief is contrary to the definition of firsthand. Firsthand would be if Jesus told it to you himself. If it goes through anyone else before it gets to you it is secondhand.

Lol, good catch. Very true. I still don't think this is a negative/questionable thing, and I don't agree with the conclusion ("The only things left are your own thoughts and reason"). I think the process described, of Christ teaching his apostles who then taught their disciples and formed the Church, through the Holy Spirit, is exactly what He purposed to do. It's something from HIS hand and heart, not something contrived from man's own thoughts and reasoning.