Menu

HO Level 2 Ancients - w/White Kingfisher?

Except the questions, discussion, or assignment that goes along with that lesson doesn't necessarily stay the same between the two editions. I started trying to match them up and there are several times in the first 10 lessons where it is clear that the text has changed considerably. (I have either changed the lesson/questions/etc., added another set of pages from KFH, or added another book to cover the same material.

This is not a strength area for my dd, so I'm not looking to frustrate her. I want it all laid out for her so she can do it as much on her own as possible. Working independently on this will be a stretch anyway.

I'll make the change myself, if necessary. I was just hoping someone already made a stab at it. I am substituting Winer's Life in the Ancient World already for Van Loon's TSOM so I'm already in there making changes. I guess I might as well keep going ...

I just make him use the Table of Contents instead of providing page numbers. The topic is given in the lesson. It's a good lesson in how to use resources.

:iagree: That's what we do. I believe that the page numbers given in the HO lessons refer to the Red Kingfisher, so if Moominmamma is really stuck for finding the right pages she'll have a look in that for the titles, and then go back to the White Kingfisher. But mostly she can figure it out from the Table of Contents.