Menu

How do I make my own handwriting paper with clipart on Microsoft word?

momtoboyz

Oh, in that case, I hope someone else answers. I wanted to do this, but I gave up because it got to hard to figure out. DLTK has custom writing paper that you can make and print from here, but their website info prints at the bottom of the sheet. Would that help? If nothing else, it's a bump!

That's a great tool! The only thing is that it doesn't do capital letters.

What I did was find an example dotted/lined page online, right clicked and saved it as a picture and added it to a Word Doc, made it fill the page and put in small text boxes above each line to file in.

I'm am going to assume this will work with Microsoft Word but you'll have to try it. I use schoolscriptdashed from abstractfonts.com I use it to make cursive copywork, but you can just make the lines by using the key that looks like this: \ (the opposite of the slash key you use in website addresses, my computer dh would probably faint if he read this description!). That key lets you make spaces or continuous blank dashed lines. The space bar leaves an actual blank space.

Anyway you can download schoolscriptdash and lots of other cool fonts, including manuscript, I think. I'm not sure of the exact installation process for Word (I'm using Pages on a Mac) but if you can't figure it out, post again and someone can probably walk you through it!

thanks everyone. those are all great sites. and lee, there's some great fonts on that site.

if i can clarify, i just want to make the lines on the sheet. so i want to make blank handwriting sheets with some clip art on it.

jesse, i just tried doing what you said, but the lines i copied were too much to use the clipart i wanted, so it was separating the two things onto 2 pages.

lee, are you talking about the hyphen key (- & _ ). i thought of that too. i was wondering if there's some easier or more proper way to make the sheets.:001_smile:

thanks everyone.

also, does anyone know a site where i can find black and white vintage looking clip art (like the ones found at veritas press of the books or children reading). i'd also love some of knights, rockets,.. some boyish things. oh, also the black and white winnie the pooh!

thanks for your help. you guys are awesome. i love this board!