Menu

Tapes of me singing Home School lessons

Does anyone else create tapes of them singing praise and also home school lessons on audio tape for their children to listen to while falling asleep and in the car? My children who are now teens have grown up with this. When they go to bed I put my tapes on in their rooms. I believe this has helped them sleep and also reinforce the lesson plan. My oldest is 17 and we allowed him to drive with a friend just last week for the first time. DS 17 wanted to know who that was on the radio (he thought it was the radio my son said---instead of the tape) that sounded so nice and current. I was surprised and happy to know my kids are always learning!

We had grandma tapes: Christmas, camp songs, children's hymns, her favorite songs from childhood, etc. She has a beautiful voice and lives far away. These were a wonderful part of our sons' childhood. We also had grandpa read and tell stories onto tapes. My children are grown, and these tapes have been recopied for their children-to-be.

Um no. I would be surprised if my kids tolerated such a thing. I can't carry a tune in a bucket. I guess I could record myself yelling at them to make them feel close to me when I'm away at work. :tongue_smilie:

I cannot stop laughing. Hilarious.

I could record myself singing, if I knew how to.

I suppose this could work as a punishment of some sort, you better behave or I'll record myself singing, and make you listen to it again, and again.... (of course using headphones so the innocent people in the house wouldnt have to listen.

I had my son record himself reading a poem, and the next day he had the entire poem. Brilliant!

It only worked once, but it sure was neat.

I have contemplated reading stories out loud, but the last time I did so, I was interrupted by a crying child.

Um no. I would be surprised if my kids tolerated such a thing. I can't carry a tune in a bucket. I guess I could record myself yelling at them to make them feel close to me when I'm away at work. :tongue_smilie:

I'm going to be giggling about this all day. Reading the OP, all I could think was how traumatized my kids would be listening to me sing while they fell asleep.

I had my son record himself reading a poem, and the next day he had the entire poem. Brilliant!

My girls like to recite their poems into my phone and then play them back while checking the book. They are much more attentive to correcting little words than they are when I listen and correct them.